I am s0 lucky.
At work we have been challenged to participate in the "Great in 8" program. It is a little program that focuses on every aspect of your life-- physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual--and has you set goals to earn points toward becoming a better you in 8 weeks.
So why am I so lucky, you ask?
Well, I'm lucky cuz my New Years Resolutions fit right within the guidelines of this baby. And because we are doing it in teams, I am going to be held accountable. By someone who is not me, which is really great. Cuz let's face it. If I'm having a rough day, and I want a Mountain Dew, it's not going to take long before I tell me to just have one, ya know?
But when someone at work is going to be counting on me to do my part, I can stay true to my goals a little better. It's like having a gym buddy.
Only less sweaty.
And it helps that I really, truly love and respect every single person at my work.
So I do care what they think.
And I want them to succeed and help me win prizes.
Anyway, I was reading through the rules of "Great in 8" tonight. It has a list of good foods that count in your favor, and bad foods that count against you. No lie, every single one of the bad foods are things that I eat REGULARLY.
Like soda. And chocolate. And white bread. And Maverick hot dogs (don't judge me).
And...get this: ANY COOKIE.
I know, right?
But luckily, on the good food list are some of my favorite things, so it'll be ok.
But seriously, after the holiday, and my birthday, and Justin's birthday, our pantry and cupboards and fridge look like nothing but HUGE temptations to someone who loves goodies, but has people counting on her to not eat them.
So, if one of your New Year's Resolutions is to eat like crap, come on over.
But take it back to your house.
Because after a few weeks of this program, if I see you eating my king-sized Symphony bar,
I just might try to fight you for it.
For Real.
Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment