"I don't know how it gets better than this; you take my hand and drag me headfirst...fearless."

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resolutions

 Last year, the Hubs and I sat down and typed up 10 resolutions we wanted to make for 2012.
We accomplished...maybe...2 of them.
They weren't really all that lofty, but sometimes life comes in and throws a wrench in your good intentions.
 
I like making resolutions. I like setting goals. So, I'm going to do it again this year, and try my hardest to stick with them. We'll see how it goes. I thought I'd keep the list a little shorter this year, and that Hubs and I would each do our own list.
 
 
Here is my list, in no particular order.
 
 
1. Go to the temple twice a month. 
We are so lucky to live so close to a temple. We can get there from our house in 10 minutes. We can actually see the temple from our house. We did pretty good with this last year, until I got ridiculously pregnant, and then I was just too uncomfortable and nothing fit. This year, we have a baby, so it's gonna take some working out, but we can do it. And I know we'll be blessed for it.
 
 
2.  Budget/Meal plan/Organize like a crazy person.
Imma be honest, I don't want to work next year. I love my job, but I love Parkyr more. I'm not sure it'll be super easy, but we want to see if we can get things in order so that I can stay home, if not next year, then maybe the next. We'll see how it goes. But as it is now, I've got a lot of work to do to make our lives a little more organized. I know less than nothing about organization and budgeting and couponing, so thank goodness for Pinterest. Wish me luck. And if you have any tips, send them my way.
 
 
3. Work out.
I know, I know, everyone sets this goal. And they last until February. Don't get me wrong, I honestly don't care about being skinny. I just want to be a healthy mom who can keep up with her kids. And...BONUS...I found an awesome Pandora station for working out. This might be hard with the baby too, and hubs and I might have to go in different shifts.   But we'll work it out. Literally.
This goal includes Less Pop/More Water
 I set a goal every year to drink no pop, and really, that's just not reasonable for me. I like a good caffeinated drink. Especially when I know I "can't" have one. Or especially on a Monday. Whatev. So I'm just calling it "Less pop/more water". I can do that.
 
 
4. Strengthen my Testimony.
This includes all the Primary/Sunday School answers and then some. Pray, study the scriptures, have family home evening, pay my tithing, attend all my meetings, teach my baby the things she needs to know, be a better visiting teacher, love my husband more, be better in my calling, and serve others more. I just want to be happy this year and enjoy every minute of it. And for me, this is the way to do that.
 
 
Good luck on your resolutions, and Happy New Year 2013!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment