A sweet lady in my ward came up to me one Sunday in the fall of 2007 and asked me if I was feeling ready to date, because she had a son near my age. She thought we would get along really well. I thanked her, but told her I wasn't ready. Luckily, she was pretty persistent. In October I decided to go on a date with her son, whom I had never met. Her son's name was Justin; this sweet lady is now my mother-in-law.
I can't even begin to tell you how happy my life is now. So happy that I can't remember much from my former life. It pretty much all seems like a bad dream. Almost all of my happiness is due to my husband Justin. He has made my life so worth living. He has taught me a lot about myself, and the importance of family, and about hard work, and about how a husband should treat a wife. He is the best dad to our daughter that I could ever ask for. He doesn't care if I spend a few dollars at Walmart, or if I want to eat a greasy order of fries from McDonald's and then not work out for hours after. He doesn't put me or others down, he loves and lives the gospel, and he loves me unconditionally. I know without a doubt that our little family is his first priority. Even over hunting. And that gives me a security and a peace of mind that I cannot describe.
Yesterday was Justin's birthday. I am so glad that he was born, and that he came into my life. I am so grateful that his mom talked me into going on that first date with him. I am grateful I said yes. I am grateful for second chances, and that he would overlook the fact that I had already been married, and love me anyway. Because I'm not sure all men could or would do that. I love him so much, and am grateful for the knowledge that I get to be with him forever and ever.
So happy birthday, babe.
Here's to 70 more birthdays together!
There is no one else I would rather
end up with for eternity.
end up with for eternity.
So sweet. So great to see you this happy. You deserve the best!! You sure have one darling little girl and I have to say it's so refreshing to see a mom so happy in her role, because having a baby, no matter what number, really is very special.
ReplyDeleteI love this. I can relate on so many levels because I felt the exact same way. Isn't it amazing how wonderful marriage can be? I never thought I would have that and I am so grateful that I do. I'm glad you're happy too and that you have a beautiful little girl. All that heartache was definitely worth it in the end. I am ever amazed by how abundantly Heavenly Father blesses us.
ReplyDelete